The Advanced Career Training (ACT) program gives students the opportunity to receive advanced education/technical training. Students in the ACT program may participate in other Job Corps center programs such as the Transportation Communications Union (TCU), and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or A+ Training.
To qualify for the ACT program, a student must:
- Be enrolled 180 days in Job Corps with good attendance
- Have completed a career technical training program
- Have a HSE or high school diploma
Benefits of the College Program include:
- Academic advisement, mentoring, and tutoring
- Paid tuition, fees, books, and supplies
- Housing and recreation
- Meals provided by Job Corps, on-and-off center
- Transportation to and from college of choice
This program is offered through a partnership with The Maricopa Community College District, which includes 10 colleges, two skill centers, and numerous education centers.